Child Support
Interiow showcase


Choose from the below list to access important support forms. If you don't find what you need here, contact us by e-mail or call 484-1500.


The functions of the Champaign County Child Support Enforcement Agency (CSEA) are establishing parentage and Support Orders, enforcing Support Order, and collecting/disbursing support. We are governed by the Ohio Revised Code and the Ohio Administrative Code, which outlines the limitations of the CSEA. Although CSEA handles most issues associated with your support case, we do not handle all issues that may arise. Below you will find a list of things that CSEA does NOT handle, and you may wish to consult your own legal counsel to determine if and how to proceed on these matters.


•    Deal directly with issues of visitation and/or custody
•    Offer and/or dispense legal advice. This should be handled by a private attorney or by contacting Juvenile or Domestic Relations Court directly. The CSEA attorney represents the agency and does not represent the child, the Obligee, or the Obligor.
•    Provide representation for the Obligor or Obligee at court hearings. Obligors facing contempt actions should contact the Court prior to the hearing to determine if they qualify for appointed counsel.
•    Assist you in filing private motions of any kind.
•    Provide any assistance or advice regarding tax exemptions for the child or children named in the order or any other children belonging to either party.
•    Provide copies of Journal Entries for Domestic Relations or Juvenile Court Orders. You will have to contact the court if you have misplaced your original copy, and you may be charged money for new copies.
•    Give credit for direct payments (payments made outside of the CSEA). By law, direct payments are considered a gift, and do NOT count toward the Child Support obligation.
•    Dictate or verify how support is utilized. (i.e., rent, utilities, food, clothing, etc.)
•    Use a current spouse’s income to determine support obligation(s). An Obligor’s and/or Obligee’s current spouse’s income cannot be used when determining the support obligation by the agency.
•    Discuss a case with a third party without proof of power of attorney or JFS Appointment of Authorized Person form on file. (This includes, but is not limited to, current spouses, parents, grandparents, intended future spouses, or parents of children not subject to the specific case involved. Unless you are the Obligor, the Obligee, or the child, or the licensed legal representative of one of the parties, the agency will not discuss the case without a written power of attorney on file or JFS Appointment of Authorized Person form on file.)
•    Enforce out of pocket health insurance and/or health care expenses.
•    Enforce any other property issues dealt with or ordered by the court.