The Prevention, Retention & Contingency program helps people access assistance and meet the needs of their families.
Apply for Benefits
Check your benefits eligibility, report your changes, and apply online through the Ohio Benefits.
The Prevention, Retention and Contingency (PRC) program is designed to assist low-income families with necessary resources to:
- Provide for contingent needs by helping families with non-reoccurring urgent problems.
1 approval per 12 month period up to $1500.00
PRC services are available for families with children younger than 18 years of age and pregnant women that meet federal income limits (at or below):
What Do I Have To Do?
- Be able to show that you have made an attempt to stay caught up with the bills
- Cooperate with your PRC plan to prevent a re-occurrence of need
- Be able to meet your monthly expense after PRC approval
- Complete all of your responsibilities on your PRC plan
How Do I Apply?
- Complete the application
- Bring to our office during regular business hours
- Mail or fax your application to us
- Your Eligibility Worker will contact you to discuss your application