The Prevention, Retention & Contingency (PRC) program helps people access assistance and meet the needs of their families.
Apply for Benefits
Check your benefits eligibility, report your changes, and apply online through the Ohio Benefits.
The Prevention, Retention and Contingency (PRC) program is designed to assist low-income families with necessary resources to:
Provide for contingent needs by helping families with non-reoccurring urgent problems.
Eligible Assistance Groups
Self-Sufficiency for the entire assistance group is the program goal. A PRC assistance group is defined by as one of the following:
1. an 18 year-old or older who is pregnant (unborn counts as an assistance group member);
2. minor child living with birth or adoptive parents, specified relative as defined by Ohio Works First (OWF) rules, or legal guardian, non-custodial parent (as defined below), and treated as one unit for determining eligibility.
A PRC assistance group can consist of non-custodial (or non-residential) parent, living in Champaign County, with a child that resides in Ohio. Consumers who fit under this category can participate under the group umbrella or as an individual AG. A non-custodial parent may be eligible for assistnace through PRC if they meet program eligibility as well as the following conditions:
1. are currently cooperating with child support enforcement agency;
2. have made child support payments in the past 30 days.
Services, Definitions and Amount Limits
Authorized services, definitions and limits are detailed in Exhibit 1 of this plan. Assistance may be requested for a second time during a consecutive 12-month period provided:
1.) Eligibility is established, and new application is filed at each new request;
2.) Overall cap of $1500 for PRC assistance group member has not been reached within the previous twelve consecutive months; and
3.) PRC assistance group met or continues to meet self-sufficiency activities as detailed in most recent PRC application/plan.
What Do I Have To Do?
- Be able to show that you have made an attempt to stay caught up with the bills
- Cooperate with your PRC plan to prevent a re-occurrence of need
- Be able to meet your monthly expense after PRC approval
- Complete all of your responsibilities on your PRC plan
How Do I Apply?
- Complete the application
- Bring to our office during regular business hours
- Mail or fax your application to us
- Your Eligibility Worker will contact you to discuss your application